Skip to main content
L.I.S.A Inc
LISA... is a parent support and lobby group, for parents and families with a family member having an intellectual or multiple disability, and living in a supported accommodation group home in the State of Victoria, Australia.
Find What You Need
Monday, July 08 2013

The majority of DHS supported accommodation group homes have two basic funding avenues, (a) support service funding (staff wages and overheads) and (b) service management funding (day to day resident living expenses).

In this evaluation, we will consider just the service management funding, which    originates mainly from money paid into the residents’ trust fund, which is managed by State Trustees.

Each resident of the group home pay an amount each month to their trust fund.  This amount is equal to cost of the three components in their financial statement, which is produced by the house supervisor.  The three components are, rent, housekeeping and personal expenditure.  In dollar terms, the range is around, $800 to $1000 per month.

State Trustees send the rent component directly to DHS.  The housekeeping and personal expenditure components are sent to card accounts at the house – the group home.

There is, however, a small difference between the amount received by State Trustees from the resident’s administrator  (from their DSP), and that sent to the house.  The positive difference is kept in the residents trust fund for special requirements.  This money can be accessed by the house supervisor, but only with the authority of the resident’s administrator signing a special purchase request form (this is the first slush fund).

The personal expenditure money paid to the house by State Trustees from the resident’s trust fund, is paid into a house card account, and is accounted for on the CERS forms, a copy of which is sent to the resident’s administrator.

The housekeeping money paid to the house by State Trustees from the resident’s trust fund, is paid into a house card account, and is used to purchase food items, household items and pay utility accounts, etc, etc.  When the excess in housekeeping account gets to a DHS determined level, this money is sent back to State Trustees to be kept in an account to cover any unforseen financial circumstances.  Justification for withdrawal from this account is a special purchase form signed by all administrators. (this is the second slush fund).

CERS (Client Expenditure Recording System) Manual

Posted by: HATTON AT 09:34 pm   |  Permalink   |  0 Comments  |  Email

Post comment
Email Address

(max 750 characters)
* Required Fields
Note: All comments are subject to approval. Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.

LISA Inc   ~   Phone: 03 9434 3810   ~   Email:   ~   Address: 73 Nepean Street Watsonia VIC 3087

Copyright © 2013 LISA Inc. All Rights Reserved. SiteMap.