Skip to main content
#
L.I.S.A Inc

LISA... is a parent support and lobby group, for parents and families with a family member having an intellectual or multiple disability, and living in a supported accommodation group home in the State of Victoria, Australia.
Find What You Need

Forum
Friday, April 19 2013

Australians reaching their full potential through properly resourced education

ABC 7:30 Report, April 18, 2013 - LINK

Julia Gillard said:

I will make it very clear to premiers and chief ministers that this is a critical moment [Gonski reforms] to make sure that every Australian child gets the opportunity to reach their full potential in a properly resourced school.

I will be out there, not only talking to premiers and chief ministers about the importance of our children and properly funding their education, but talking to parents, schools, communities about it too.

LISA Comment:  “Hello, Prime Minister!”  “How about giving some consideration to many of those who are forced to leave the relatively well resourced special developmental schools as legal adults, but as children intellectually.  Those who very much need to continue the special and dedicated education provided by special developmental schools, but are forced into the little more than minder care of state funded day services?”

All the dedicated work of the education department teachers drops like a brick when their students, still children are, overnight, classified as adults with personal preferences which now have to have an adult focus to meet the funding criteria.

For someone with an intellectual operation level of little more than a three year old, meaningful adult activities are few, hence their day is mostly minder care.  Whereas, they very much need to continue the meaningful, dedicated and consistent special developmental school programs having just a slight angle towards adult needs

Posted by: HATTON AT 11:51 am   |  Permalink   |  0 Comments  |  Email
Comments:

Post comment
Name
Email Address

* Required Fields
Note: All comments are subject to approval. Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.

LISA Inc   ~   Phone: 03 9434 3810   ~   Email: vk3qq@optusnet.com.au   ~   Address: 73 Nepean Street Watsonia VIC 3087

Copyright © 2013 LISA Inc. All Rights Reserved. SiteMap.